Dairy farm products
We've put together the information in this section to help New Zealand dairy farmers in their quest to operate more sustainable and energy efficient farms.
Energy efficiency on the dairy farm can reduce costs and lead to improved animal well-being and higher productivity. With 805 cows producing 310,000kg of milk solids, our dairy farm in Kurow, North Otago has been a great environment to test some energy efficiency products.
Farm energy efficiency products
Our farm energy efficiency products include:
- Stray voltage: eliminate stray voltage escaping into the dairy shed.
- Varivac: this unit, developed by Taranaki technology company Corkill Systems Ltd, stabilises and lowers vacuum pressure across milking lines.
- Boost: this unit from Enersol uses heat recovery technology to generate hot water while simultaneously chilling milk more quickly, which in turn protects milk quality.
- Precision VRI: Maximise yields and profitability by applying exactly the right amount of water to specific areas under your irrigator.
Dairy farm products
Select a product from the drop-down list to find out more about energy efficiency on the farm.
The Dairy Boost Unit from Enersol is the latest in milking shed energy saving technology. It uses heat recovery technology to generate hot water while simultaneously chilling milk more quickly which in turn protects milk quality.
Boost offers a number of benefits over earlier technology. It:
- Can always provide very hot water (85 ◦C at the unit)
- Provides very effective sub-cooling to the refrigeration unit which reduces milk chilling time on hot and cold days
- Can switch between milk and water if milk flow is variable so hot water is always produced at low energy cost
- Can add a pre-chilled cooler water system in a single unit
- Provides greater energy savings than other options for a modest cost.
- Has low servicing costs.
The combination of reduced chilling time plus full heat recovery for water heating means you could get less than three year payback in Dairy shed power savings.
The hot water delivery is plumbed in insulated copper pipe to your storage cylinders which are coupled together as a communicating tank. The system is easy to retro-fit and is a simple plug and play installation, easily fitted by a refrigeration serviceperson.
Find out more
Visit the Enersol website
Want to know more?
Contact our Agribusiness Team on 0800 496 777.