As a national partner of the Kākāpō Recovery Programme, we’re sending one Meridian customer and guest on a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Whenua Hou to be a kākāpō ranger for a day.
This is your chance to see the recovery programme in action, and you could even get the chance to get up close and personal with these amazing and rare creatures.
- Return flights for two adults to Invercargill from any main centre New Zealand domestic airport
- Transfers to and from Invercargill airport
- Two nights’ accommodation for two adults in Invercargill, including meals
- Return flights for two adults from Invercargill to Codfish Island/Whenua Hou
- Meals provided while on Codfish Island/Whenua Hou
- Opportunity to accompany DOC rangers; this may include undertaking health checks on kākāpō and other monitoring activities.
- Must be over the ages of 18 years, physically able and have moderate to high fitness
- Must be available to travel on the dates of 25th to 27th February 2018 (unless postponed due to DOC operational necessity)
- Must be willing to undergo a strict quarantine process to access the island
- All activities are weather dependent.
Terms & Conditions apply