1. The promoter of the Kākāpō Experience is Meridian Energy
2. Meridian Energy can be contacted in relation to this competition by email at any time at email@example.com
3. In order to enter the competition, participants are asked to complete the competition entry form
4. Entrants must be over the age of 18 years and be physically able and have moderate to high fitness
5. Entrants must be able to comply with requirements set out in the attachment – Welcome to Whenua Hou Nature Reserve (external link)
6. The competition will open on 20 December 2017 and closes 22 January 2018
7. Employees of the Promoter, their family members or any associated agency or company (or employees of same) connected in any way with promoting the competition shall not be eligible to participate in the competition
8. All entries must be received by 5.00 pm on Monday 22 January 2018. Entries received after this closing time will not be considered.
Selecting a winner:
9. The winner will be chosen at random
10. The winner will be announced Tuesday 23 January
11. The winner will be notified by the Promoter by email within 5 days of the closing date (27 January 2018) If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification (29 January 2018), the Promoter reserves the right to pick another winner from the entries received
12. The judges’ decision is final on all matters relating to this promotion.
13. The competition prize is to win a trip for two to be kākāpō rangers for a day. The date of the trip is 25 February to 28 February 2018 (unless postponed due to DOC operational necessity). The prize includes:
14. The prize bookings will be altered to the prize winner’s name supplied at the time of entry
15. The prize not transferable
16. The prize cannot be exchanged or redeemed for the cash equivalent. The prize travel is not eligible for Airpoints accruals or redemptions. Air travel must be taken using Air New Zealand operated domestic services. All travel is subject to Air New Zealand’s conditions of carriage, applicable tariffs and regulations prevailing at the time of travel. Air New Zealand reserves the right to change such terms and conditions at any time
17. Prize winner can take whoever they choose with them on their trip providing they are over the age of 18 years, physically able and have moderate to high fitness and can comply with the requirements set out in the attachment – Welcome to Whenua Hou Nature Reserve (external link)
18. Visitors will be required to complete a health questionnaire before their trip, available here (external link) . This must be completed truthfully
19. During the trip, instructions from kākāpō rangers must be followed at all times. This includes all instructions outlined in the safety briefing provided prior to flying to the island and the island induction provided on the island
20. Kākāpō are wild, and visitors are not to interact with them unless approved by a kākāpō ranger
21. Whenua Hou is a smoke free island and no smoking is permitted anywhere on the island.
22. Prize winners must agree to have their trip documented for DOC and Meridian marketing purposes
23. A photographer may document the prize winner’s experience for DOC and Meridian marketing purposes
24. The winner must be available for promotional opportunities including, but not limited to, interviews for media and through blog articles featured on the DOC and/or Meridian website etc.
25. The grand prize does not include equipment or food provisions unless otherwise stated in the grand prize package details. Items not provided include, but are not limited to, clothing, equipment, additional food; other personal effects and expenses are the responsibility of the prize winner. The winner must ensure that they have full provisions outside of the prize package before undertaking travel
26. Information provided to enter this competition will be held securely by Meridian and used for the purpose of administering the competition
27. There are strict rules about what, how and where kākāpō information can be shared. Any content captured during the trip (images, footage and information) must be approved by the Kākāpō Recovery manager Deidre Vercoe before sharing or publication.
28. The promoters reserve the right to terminate or change the competition or any or all of the prize components at any time without notice
29. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to any cause beyond the control of the competition organisers which corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promotion may be abandoned or postponed at the unfettered discretion of the promoter. The organisers accept no responsibility for such an event
30. The organisers will take all reasonable steps to ensure the prize winner’s health and safety while taking part in the grand prize package, but the winning party also has a responsibility to take all reasonable steps to keep safe also. The organiser’s health and safety processes are not intended to replace the group’s own health and safety requirements
31. The organisers and their associated agencies and companies shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or for personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of participating in this promotion except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law
32. Entry into this prize draw is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. The competition and these Terms and Conditions are governed by New Zealand Law.