1. Other terms and conditions: The terms and conditions of the Deferred Winter Payment Plan (“DWP Plan”) are additional to, and should be read in conjunction with, Meridian’s Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity and any other terms and conditions agreed with Meridian. In the event of inconsistency between the DWP Plan terms and conditions and our Standard Terms and Conditions, the Standard Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
2. Eligibility: To be eligible for the DWP Plan, you must be an NZ FARM SOURCE Account Holder and you must pay your Meridian invoices through your NZ FARM SOURCE Account as approved by NZ FARM SOURCE from time to time (“NZ FARM SOURCE Meridian Account Holders”) and be a Fonterra Supplier.
3. NZ FARM SOURCE as billing agent: You acknowledge that as an NZ FARM SOURCE Meridian Account Holder, NZ FARM SOURCE has been appointed as Meridian’s billing agent in relation to amounts due by you to us (“Due Amounts” – see clause 4 below).
4. Due Amounts: Due Amounts means the total of all electricity charges, network charges and any other charges in any billing period owed by you to us, minus any distributed generation payments or customer refunds or any other amounts owed by us to you. The DWP Plan applies to all Due Amounts.
5. Billing during standard period: Except for during the DWP Period:
a. you will receive an invoice from us on or around the 15th of each month relating to Due Amounts in the previous billing period (“Meridian Invoice”) this must be paid to NZ Farm Source by the 20th day of the following month.
6. Billing during DWP Period:
a. The Deferred Winter Payment period runs from June to September (“DWP Period”).
b. During the DWP Period, you will receive an Information Only Invoice stating that the amount outlined on the Information Only Invoice is not payable to NZ FARM SOURCE until the completion of DWP Period which is on or before 20 November of that year.
c. Subclauses (a) and (b) above are subject at all times to clauses 8 and 9 below.
7. All accounts: If you hold more than one account with Meridian, these DWP Plan terms and conditions apply individually to each separate parent account structure so you must sign up each parent account individually. The DWP Plan applies to all electricity connections (ICPs) you may have with us under the same parent account.
8. Cancellation OF DWP: Once you have signed up to the DWP Plan, it will apply every year until you notify Meridian that you no longer wish to be on the DWP Plan or Meridian’s agreement with NZ FARM SOURCE ends subject to clause 11. Once you cancel your DWP Plan, DWP will no longer apply and NZ FARM SOURCE will continue to act as our billing agent. You will then be billed in accordance with the standard billing arrangement set out in clause 5.
9. Switching from Meridian and/or NZ FARM SOURCE:
a. Full switch away from Meridian: If you switch your account from Meridian to another electricity retailer during the DWP Period, subject to subclause (e) below NZ FARM SOURCE will continue to act as our billing agent in relation to the part of the DWP Period that you were a Meridian customer. As soon as practicable after you switch, you will receive your Meridian Invoice relating to all Due Amounts incurred by that parent account prior to your switch. You must pay your Meridian Invoice by the due date stated on the Invoice.
b. Partial switch away from Meridian: If you switch one or more electricity connections within an account from Meridian to another electricity retailer during a DWP Period but one or more electricity connections under that parent account remain with Meridian, you will not be invoiced for any Due Amounts relating to Due Amounts incurred at those electricity connections until the end of the DWP Period.
c. No longer an NZ FARM SOURCE Account Holder: If you cease to be an NZ FARM SOURCE Account Holder during the DWP Period, DWP will no longer apply and subject to subclause (e) below NZ FARM SOURCE will continue to act as our billing agent in relation to the part of the DWP Period that you were an NZ FARM SOURCE Account Holder We may agree that you pay your electricity account through another partner buying group of Meridian however any previous Due Amounts must be paid in full to NZ FARM SOURCE prior to your new buying group becoming our billing agent. Alternatively, we will invoice you directly for any future Due Amounts.
d. Customer changes in circumstances: If in Meridian or NZ FARM SOURCE’s reasonable opinion either believe that you are unlikely to be able to pay your current and/or future Meridian Invoices, then we may cancel your DWP Plan. We will provide you with reasons in writing if this occurs. As soon as practicable after this, you will receive your Meridian invoice relating to all Due Amounts incurred. You must pay your invoice by the due date stated on the Meridian Invoice.
e. Meridian may invoice directly: If any of the situations in subclauses (a), (c) or (d) occur, Meridian and NZ FARM SOURCE may agree that Meridian will invoice you directly for any Due Amounts incurred during the DWP Period.
10. Signing up during a DWP Period: If you sign up to the DWP Plan during a DWP Period, Meridian does not guarantee that the DWP Plan will apply to any Due Amounts due in the month you sign up.
11. Cancellation of Deferred Winter Payment: Meridian reserves the right at any time to cancel the DWP Plan and not offer it in future years. Meridian will give you at least one month’s written notice (which may be via letter or email) of such cancellation. Subject to clause 9(d), Meridian may not cancel your DWP Plan during the DWP Period. As soon as practicable after Meridian’s cancellation, you will receive your Meridian Invoice relating to all Due Amounts incurred prior to cancellation.
12. NZ FARM SOURCE no longer billing agent: Meridian reserves the right, in accordance with its agreement with NZ FARM SOURCE, to rescind NZ FARM SOURCE’s appointment as our billing agent. If this happens we will notify you and will require that you make payment of all Due Amounts, including any amounts incurred during the DWP Period, on the date stated in our next invoice to you. We may continue to offer you the benefits of this DWP Plan. We will also invoice you directly for any future Due Amounts.
13. Other offers: being on the DWP Plan may affect your ability to accept other offers from Meridian.