Terms and conditions
Get 30,000 bonus plus earn ongoing points
- Every Smart Trade member who joins Meridian on a fixed energy plan will receive 30,000 Smart Trade bonus points for each account. Bonus points will credited to the member’s Smart Trade account by the end of the following month after the member’s electricity is confirmed being supplied by Meridian.
- You will also be eligible to earn 1.5 Smart Trade reward points per dollar spent with Meridian. Points are earned based on the GST exclusive spend for the participating member’s electricity account, and after the discount is applied. Points cannot be earned on electricity industry rebates, credits, or any additional discounts to the member’s electricity account. Points will be credited to the Smart Trade member’s account monthly.
- The offer is only available to new Meridian customers and is not transferrable, refundable or redeemable for cash.
- In order to be eligible for this offer, you must meet the following criteria:On becoming a customer, you’ll be subject to Meridian’s Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity and our Standard Terms and Conditions for Fixed Energy Plan will apply.
- you must be a Smart Trade member;
- you must be a small-to-medium business customer; and
- you must meet Meridian’s standard customer eligibility criteria and Meridian must accept you as a customer (for example: credit criteria, refer to Meridian's Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity for more information).
- On becoming a customer, you'll be subject to Meridian's Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity and our Standard Terms and Conditions for Fixed Energy Plan will apply.
- If you cease to be a Meridian customer before the expiry date of your fixed energy plan, we will charge your final bill an amount equal to the value of incentive you received ($300 per site). If you close any of your individual sites or switch to another electricity retailer, we will charge your next bill an amount value equal to the value of the incentive you received for that site ($300 per site). If there is a change of control, or sale of your business (as solely determined by Meridian), with the written approval of Meridian the business must ensure this supply agreement and all its rights and obligations, are assigned or novated to the new controlling entity. If the remainder of the term is not appropriately assigned or novated the value of the incentive you were given when you joined under this offer may be charged to your final bill
- Meridian reserves the right cancel this offer at any time without notice to you. Meridian may also vary this offer at any time by posting revised terms and conditions on our website.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- When collecting personal information Meridian complies with the Privacy Act 1993. Our privacy terms are contained in Meridian’s Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity. If you have any privacy query you can contact us.
- Smart Trade standard terms and conditions apply.