Terms and conditions
Get 30,000 or 50,000 bonus points plus earn points monthly
- Every SmartTrade member who joins Meridian on a Smart Value fixed energy plan will receive 30,000 or 50,000 (dependent on usage) SmartTrade bonus points for each new account. Bonus points will credited to the member’s SmartTrade account by the end of the following month after the member’s electricity is confirmed being supplied by Meridian.
- You will also be eligible to earn 1.5 SmartTrade reward points per dollar spent with Meridian. Points are earned based on the GST exclusive spend for the participating member’s electricity account, and after the discount is applied. Points cannot be earned on electricity industry rebates, credits, or any additional discounts to the member’s electricity account. Points will be credited to the SmartTrade member’s account monthly.
- The offer is only available to new Meridian customers and is not transferrable, refundable or redeemable for cash.
- In order to be eligible for this offer, you must meet the following criteria: On becoming a customer, you’ll be subject to Meridian’s Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity and our Standard Terms and Conditions for Fixed Energy Plan will apply.
- you must be a SmartTrade member;
- you must be a small-to-medium business customer; and
- you must meet Meridian’s standard customer eligibility criteria and Meridian must accept you as a customer (for example: credit criteria, refer to Meridian's Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity for more information).
- SmartTrade standard terms and conditions apply.
- If you close any of your individual sites or switch any to another electricity retailer before the expiry date of Smart Value Plan, we’ll charge your next bill with an amount equal to the value of points you received for that particular site. (30,000 bonus points are worth $300, 50,000 points are worth $500).
- Meridian reserves the right cancel this offer at any time without notice to you. Meridian may also vary this offer at any time by posting revised terms and conditions on our website.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- When collecting personal information Meridian complies with the Privacy Act 1993. Our privacy terms are contained in Meridian’s Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity. If you have any privacy query you can contact us.