EVs for business
Electric vehicles are one of the biggest answers to combatting climate change in New Zealand. As a business, there are so many benefits to joining the electric journey. We’re experts in setting up businesses with charging solutions for your own EV fleet and the wider public. Our experienced team will work with you to find a tailored solution suited to your needs.
EV fleet charging options
Once you’ve electrified your fleet, it’s vital that you’ve got the right chargers on site so your electric cars are ready to go whenever your staff need them.
We offer an end-to-end service, from choosing the best chargers to installing them for you. We'll also make sure you have ongoing support with remote monitoring, usage reporting, issue resolution and customer support.
If you’d prefer a more basic package, you can simply purchase an EV charger through us.
Haven't got an electric fleet yet? Find out more about why driving electric is good for business. And, check out Drive Electric’s guide to building an electric fleet featuring advice from our Property and Procurement Manager, Nick Robilliard.
Public electric vehicle charging options
As more electric cars appear on our roads, public charging stations are in high demand. That’s where you come in. Installing a public charger will help you achieve your sustainability goals and encourage customers to choose your business and stay longer.
Not sure where to start? We'll help develop a detailed charging solution to identify the best option for your needs.
There are heaps of benefits to setting up EV charging stations with us:
- We provide a completely managed service including installation and maintenance, signage, car park markings and protective barriers
- Our reliable, robust chargers and installation processes meet NZTA’s standards for public charging, all safety regulations, and WorkSafe requirements
- We make your EV charging stations publicly available and promote them to our local customer base for maximum exposure
- We can provide remote monitoring and monthly usage reporting
The benefits are pretty compelling for small businesses and large corporates alike. And we’re here to help every step of the way.
- Cut costs: the price to charge an EV is the equivalent to spending around 30c per litre on petrol, and ongoing maintenance costs are far less than those of a petrol or diesel vehicle
- Cut carbon: driving an electric car instead of petrol or diesel will cut your CO2 emissions by 80%
- Be part of the movement: converting to an electric fleet can significantly contribute to New Zealand’s goals of having 64,000 EVs on the road by 2021 and reducing greenhouse gas emissions to 30% below 2005 levels by 2030
- Improve air quality: electric vehicles use New Zealand’s abundant supply of renewable energy and reduce polluting emissions
- Boost reputation: consumers are demanding that businesses step up and do their bit for the environment; electric cars act as moving billboards to show you’re leading the way
Our commitment to EVs
We’re committed to encouraging the uptake of EVs in New Zealand, and in our own business.
- Our passenger car fleet is 80% fully electric and we’ll have increased this to 90% by 2020.
- In joining the international EV100 initiative, we’ve pledged to operate a 100% electric fleet by 2030.
- We’ve partnered with the electric car rideshare service Mevo, so driving electric is more accessible for all Kiwis.
- We’re working with businesses to install more public charging stations across the country, like the ones at YHA Aoraki Mount Cook, Te Anau and Franz Josef, and Christchurch Adventure Park.
- Our Electric Car Plan is designed especially for those charging up at home. We’ve got lower rates for overnight charging, and we cover the cost of the first year’s charging* - up to $300 bill credit.
*Based on a 2015 Nissan Leaf charging overnight with an average travel of 11,500km on Meridian's Electric Car Standard Plan.