Meridian Energy Limited's monthly operating report for the month of April 2020 can be found here.
Highlights this month include:
- In the month to 11 May 2020, national hydro storage increased from 94% to 103% of historical average.
- South Island storage sat at 108% of average and North Island storage at 65% of average on 11 May 2020.
- Meridian’s April 2020 monthly total inflows were 85% of historical average.
- Meridian’s Waitaki catchment storage at the end of April 2020 was 101% of historical average.
- Storage in Meridian’s Waiau catchment was below average at the end of April 2020.
- National electricity demand in April 2020 was 13.7% lower than the same month last year.
- Weekly demand under Alert Level 3 has lifted strongly, demand for the week ended 10 May was above the 5-year historical average
- April 2020 was dry across much of the country, with the exception of some western parts of the South Island.
- Temperatures were at or above average.
- In early April 2020 the 4th potline at Tiwai Point was suspended for up to six months in response to COVID-19.
- New Zealand Aluminium Smelter’s average load during April 2020 was 549MW.
- Meridian’s New Zealand retail sales volumes in April 2020 were 0.3% lower than April 2019.
- Compared to April 2019, Meridian saw increased segment sales in residential (+11.8%), agricultural (+7.7%) and corporate (+1.4%), with decreased sales in small medium business (-25.4%) and large business (-8.5%).
Meridian Energy Limited
|For investor relations queries, please contact:
Investor Relations Manager
021 246 4772
|For media queries, please contact:
Meridian Energy Media Team
0800 948 843