Attached is Meridian Energy Limited's monthly operating report for the month of October 2018.
Highlights this month include:
- In the month to 9 November 2018, national hydro storage increased from 79% to 83% of historical
- South Island storage sat at 86% of average and North Island storage at 73% of average on 9 November
- Meridian’s Waitaki catchment storage at the end of October 2018 was 75% of historical average.
- Storage in Meridian’s Waiau catchment was also below average at the end of October 2018.
- Meridian has made calls on load under the Genesis Swaption during October 2018.
- National electricity demand in October 2018 was 2.1% higher than the same month last year.
- October 2018 saw a dry month across most of New Zealand, with near average temperatures across the
- Meridian’s retail sales volumes in October 2018 were 10.4% higher than October 2017.
Meridian Energy Limited
|For investor relations queries, please contact:||For media queries, please contact:|
|Owen Hackston||Polly Atkins|
|Investor Relations Manager||External Communications Specialist|
|021 246 4772||021 174 1715|