Meridian Energy Limited's monthly operating report for the month of October 2020 can be found here.
Highlights this month include:
- In the month to 11 November 2020, national hydro storage increased from 94% to 111% of historical average.
- South Island storage sat at 112% of average and North Island storage at 107% of average on 11 November 2020.
- Meridian’s October 2020 monthly total inflows were 131% of historical average.
- Meridian’s Waitaki catchment water storage at the end of October 2020 was 98% of historical average.
- Water storage in Meridian’s Waiau catchment was above average at the end of October 2020.
- Waitaki snow storage at the end of October 2020 was 101% of historical average.
- National electricity demand in October 2020 was 0.3% higher than the same month last year.
- October 2020 was warm and dry for much of New Zealand. Above average rainfall was widespread across the West Coast, Fiordland, much of Southland, and Stewart Island. Soil moisture levels remain below normal for much of the country.
- Outages have commenced on the Clyde - Cromwell - Twizel circuits as part of the Clutha Upper Waitaki Lines Project.
- New Zealand Aluminium Smelter’s average load during October 2020 was 561MW
- Meridian’s New Zealand retail sales volumes in October 2020 were 21.6% higher than October 2019.
- Compared to October 2019, Meridian saw increased segment sales in most segments: small medium business (+17.4%) agricultural (+75.2%), large business (+15.5%) and corporate (+16.8%). Residential sales were 1.8% lower.
Meridian Energy Limited
|For investor relations queries, please contact:
Investor Relations Manager
021 246 4772
|For media queries, please contact:
Meridian Energy Media Team
0800 948 843