Meridian Energy Limited's monthly operating report for the month of December 2018 is attached.
Highlights this month include:
- In the month to 11 January 2019, national hydro storage decreased from 95% to 92% of historical
- South Island storage sat at 92% of average and North Island storage at 89% of average on 11 January
- Meridian’s December 2018 monthly total inflows were 68% of historical average.
- Meridian’s Waitaki catchment storage at the end of December 2018 was 98% of historical average.
- Storage in Meridian’s Waiau catchment was below average at the end of December 2018.
- National electricity demand in December 2018 was 4.5% lower than the same month last year, with low
irrigation load this month.
- December 2018 saw above average temperatures and rainfall across much of New Zealand except for
drier lower South Island conditions. Soil moisture levels are elevated across much of the country.
- New Zealand Aluminium Smelter's load averaged 611MW during December 2018 as new cells were cut
in on potline 4.
- Meridian’s retail sales volumes in December 2018 were 23.9% lower than December 2017.
Meridian Energy Limited
|For investor relations queries, please contact:||For media queries, please contact:|
|Owen Hackston||Meridian Media Team|
|Investor Relations Manager||MediaTeam@meridianenergy.co.nz|
|021 246 4772||0800 948 843|