West Wind Community Fund
The West Wind Community Fund provides grants for projects in Makara, South Makara, Makara Beach and Takarau Gorge that support sustainable community development.
In a project that began in 2018, the big kids of Mākara Model School (MMS) in Wellington, have finally moved into their ‘new’ classroom. Meridian is thrilled to have been able to contribute approximately $50,000 towards the relocation project, through our Power Up Community Fund. Watch above to find out all about it.
Check out the latest successful West Wind Community Fund applications:
Is my project eligible?
You can apply for funding if your project meets at least one of the West Wind Community Fund objectives.
Your project must:
- promote environmental awareness and programmes that sustain and improve the quality of the environment in the community
- contribute to the sustainability of non-profit organisations or volunteer services
- promote life-long learning opportunities for all
- foster the development of opportunities for sporting, social and recreational activities
- promote quality healthcare.
Your proposal must clearly outline what the outcomes and benefits of your project will be, and how your project will:
- contribute directly to the community
- generate benefits that do not currently exist
- contribute long-term solutions to issues
- foster the development of skills and capacity
- demonstrate the ability to make effective use of the funds
- have performance measures that focus on outcomes
- provide promotional opportunities
- use the fund to attract additional funding for the project
- demonstrate a sustainable future for the project beyond the support of the fund.
Next funding round
The next funding round for the West Wind Community Fund is open now, for applications submitted by Sunday 1 May 2022.
If you meet the selection criteria you can apply online for funding.