Manapōuri 50th event information
Kia ora, haere mai, welcome
The Manapōuri 50th celebration is all go for May 2021!
We have changed a few things since we had to postpone last year due to COVID-19, this means there will be no large reunion dinner event.
We have decided instead to run smaller group return visits to the Manapōuri hydro power station, with an optional Deep Cove tour. These small groups of invited guests will focus on original construction workers in the first instance.
- Due to Health and Safety requirements and the nature of the station, there are minimum mobility requirements for these groups – attendees must be mobile and able to walk 1500 metres and several flights of stairs
- There is also a minimum age of 13 for family members who wish to join loved ones on the visit.
- As you will know and understand Manapōuri power station is operational power station. All guests will have to adhere to our Health and Safety plan
Each private anniversary tour includes:
- A relaxed Friday night gathering a the Te Anau club for all guests.
- All boat and bus transfers from Te Anau to West Arm return.
- Food and refreshments at West Arm Hostel.
- Tour of the Manapōuri Power station.
- Optional coach tour to Deep Cove (available morning tours only).
- A commemorative 50th Anniversary T-shirt.
The dates for these are:
- Friday 14th Meet and greet
- Saturday 15th return visit to the station
- Friday 21st Meet and greet
- Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd return visits to the station
These are private events for those who worked on the construction of the station, or who worked at the station during the past five decades, and their families. If you don’t fall into this category you will not be eligible to register.
If you have not received an invite, but believe that you are eligible , then please send an email to email@example.com outlining your connection with the station and a Meridian representative will contact you.
If anything changes we will keep you up to date here , or you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org