- Any terms and conditions set out in any offer to you (“Offer”) form part of Meridian’s LevelPay Terms and Conditions. The terms and conditions of the LevelPay Plan are additional to, and should be read in conjunction with, our Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity
- In the event of inconsistency between the LevelPay Terms and Conditions and our Standard Terms and Conditions, the Standard Terms and Conditions will prevail.
In order to be eligible for LevelPay you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a residential customer and the premises you set up on LevelPay must be a residential property.
- You must not have an overdue balance on your account.
- You must have had three consecutive meter readings before we can estimate the LevelPay payment.
- Your meter readings need to be at least 28 days apart, one of which can be your own meter read and two of which must be actual reads.
- LevelPay payments can only be paid by direct debit from your nominated bank account. Please refer to ourDirect Debit Terms and Conditions which apply to your LevelPay payments.
- You are not entitled to make credit card payments with LevelPay.
- We set your LevelPay payment based on your current electricity usage (assessed from at least three meter readings) and from other parameters within our billing system.
- You are liable for all electricity charges billed to your account irrespective of whether your LevelPay payment covers the amount billed.
- You can choose to make LevelPay payments weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Each month you will receive your normal electricity bill. You are responsible for reviewing your monthly bill and confirming that your LevelPay payments are covering your electricity charges.
- On the agreed payment date, we will deduct the agreed amount from your nominated bank account by direct debit.
- You will receive your prompt payment discount provided your payments are made in full on the agreed payment date (due date).
- You need to ensure that you have sufficient funds in your nominated bank account to meet the LevelPay payments. If a payment is dishonoured you will need to make up the payment within 14 days of the due date or you will be removed from LevelPay and transferred to our standard monthly billing and payment cycle. You will be liable to pay any amounts owing.
- If your payment is dishonoured three consecutive times (even if you have made up the outstanding payment within 14 days of the due date) you will be removed from LevelPay and transferred to our standard monthly billing and payment cycle. You will be liable to pay any amounts owing.
- If you are on LevelPay and receive a network rebate, this can be refunded to you upon request, provided that you meet our criteria as set out in Meridian’s Credit Refund Policy.
- You cannot cancel or skip a payment, or make additional payments.
Review of LevelPay payments
- We will review your LevelPay payment once every six months to ascertain whether your LevelPay payments are adequately covering your electricity charges. This does not limit your obligation to check your monthly invoice and confirm that your payments are covering your electricity charges.
- We will also adjust your LevelPay payment to take into account any credit or debit balance on your account.
- You will be contacted if a change is required to your LevelPay payment following a review.
- If your LevelPay payment is adjusted, we will advise you at least 10 business days prior to the new amount being deducted from your nominated bank account.
- You are not entitled to decrease your LevelPay payment unless a review is carried out and we agree to the reduction.
- If you move house, you can transfer your LevelPay arrangement to the new house, provided it is your primary residence. As your LevelPay payment amount will be based on your previous house you need to be aware that this could result in us under or overcharging you. If this is the case we recommend that you advise us as soon as possible.
- If you move house and want to continue on LevelPay you will need to advise us of this when you notify us that you are moving.
Cancellation of LevelPay
- If you no longer wish to be on LevelPay please contact us to request removal. You can cancel your LevelPay arrangement up to 2 business days before the next scheduled payment is due to be paid from your bank account. Otherwise, cancellation will be effective immediately after the next payment date. If you cancel your LevelPay arrangement and have a debit balance owing on your account, you must pay this by the due date set out in your most recent invoice.
- If you have been removed from LevelPay by us you will have a 3 month stand down period before you are eligible to go on LevelPay again.