1. Join Meridian as a residential customer (as determined by Meridian in its sole discretion) between 30 April 2017 to 31 July 2017 and you will be automatically entered into the draw to win, or visit www.powertrip.meridianenergy.co.nz and complete the entry form at the bottom of the webpage by answering the competition question.
2. If entering via www.powertrip.meridianenergy.co.nz, in order for your entry to be included in the draw you must correctly answer the question on the entry form, you can find the answer by watching Jeremy’s Power Trip videos.
3. You are only allowed one entry into the prize draw.
4. One winner only will be selected by a New Zealand justice of the peace or notary public from a random draw of those residential customers who joined Meridian between 30 April 2017 - 31 July 2017, and those existing customers who correctly answered the competition question. The winner will be drawn on 1 August 2017.
5. You must be over the age of 18 to enter, employees and contractors of Meridian Energy Limited (and its subsidiaries) and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Entrants must be natural persons and schools, clubs and companies may not enter. Entrants must be New Zealand residents.
6. You must be a Meridian residential customer to be eligible to win. On becoming a customer you will be subject to Meridian's Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity, and, if our fixed rate pricing plan is selected, our Standard Terms and Conditions for Fixed Rate Plans.
7. The winner will receive:
a. A fully electric (EV) Hyundai IONIQ rrp $59,995
b. 7.4kW EVlink wallbox charger rrp $1,600
c. plus contribution of $500 + GST towards installation
8. If any part of the prize is unavailable, Meridian may reserve the right to substitute the prize (or that part of prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
9. We will verify the winners’ Meridian account before notifying them that they have won, to ensure they are a current Meridian customer. The winner will be required to show proof of identity before redeeming the prize.
10. We will notify the winner within 14 days of the winner being drawn. The winner will be notified by phone, email and competition results will be published on Meridian’s Facebook page. Delivery of the car and installation of the home wall charger will be organised with the winner upon notification of their winner entry. The car will be delivered no later than 4 weeks after the winner has been notified.
11. If we do not hear back from the winner within 14 days of the winner being contacted we reserve the right to choose a replacement winner.
12. The winner must have a valid driver's license in order to pick up the car or get a licensed driver to pick it up on his or her behalf. Insurance of the car needs to be arranged by the winner.
13. Meridian and the justice’s decisions on all matters are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The prize is not transferrable, refundable or redeemable for cash.
Ownership of entries
15. All entries become the property of Meridian and any incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid;
16. By entering the Competition, winners agree to their names being published, and to be photographed and/or interviewed by Meridian, and Meridian may use their names and photographs and/or interviews for publicity purposes.
17. Meridian reserves the right to extend, cancel or amend the competition at any time. Meridian is not responsible for any third party acts or omissions. Meridian may also vary this offer at any time by posting revised terms and conditions on our website.
18. When collecting personal information Meridian complies with the Privacy Act 1993. Our privacy terms are contained in Meridian’s Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity. If you have any privacy query you can contact us.
19. Meridian will not be liable for any loss of damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the prize(s) or entering into this competition. Meridian makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as prizes.