Terms and conditions
New customers who join Meridian and existing customers who can verify that they own an electric car are eligible for a ‘year’s free electric vehicle charging’ bill credit worth up to $300. The offer is available until 31 December 2018.
The year’s free charging has been calculated to be the equivalent of $300. This figure is based on a 2015 Nissan leaf charging overnight with an average travel of 11,500KMs on Meridian’s electric car standard plan.
- This offer is only available to customers on the Electric Car Plan:
- new customers joining Meridian on the Electric Car Plan
- existing customers who are already on the Electric Car Plan, or who switch to it from another Meridian Plan.
- If you are an existing Meridian customer and have received a welcome credit or other incentive from us in the past 12 months, you will receive the balance of the offer so that your total incentive in the past 12 months does not exceed $300 in total (the value of the free year’s charging credit).
- In order to be eligible for this offer, you must meet the following criteria:
- you must be a residential consumer as listed on the national electricity registry; and
- you must meet Meridian’s standard customer eligibility criteria (for example: credit criteria, refer to Meridian’s Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity for more information)
- you must prove to Meridian that you own an electric vehicle by providing us with proof of ownership and registration of the vehicle
- you must be on the Electric Car Plan
- you must not have received more than $300 worth of welcome incentive from Meridian within the 12 months prior to requesting this offer.
- Only one bill credit can be redeemed per registered electric vehicle.
- The offer is not transferrable, refundable or redeemable for cash.
- On becoming a customer, you’ll be subject to Meridian’s Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity and if our fixed energy plan is selected our Standard Terms and Conditions for Fixed Energy Plan will apply (including all applicable break fees).
- Applications for credit will be reviewed and awarded at Meridian’s discretion.
- To receive any prompt payment discount you must pay your bill in full and on time.
- If you choose our fixed rate plans we will charge your final bill with an amount equal to the value of this welcome credit if you cease to be a Meridian customer before the expiry date of your fixed rate plan. If you close any of your individual sites or switch any to another electricity retailer within this period, we will charge your next bill with an amount equal to the value of the welcome credit you received for that particular site.
- Meridian reserves the right cancel this offer at any time without notice to you. Meridian may also vary this offer at any time by posting revised terms and conditions on our website.
- When collecting personal information Meridian complies with the Privacy Act 1993. Our privacy terms are contained in Meridian’s Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity. If you have any privacy query you can contact us.