Terms and conditions
16% discount (for eligible employees who are, or become, Meridian fixed rate customers) + $250 free power (for eligible employees who become new Meridian fixed rate customers) PLUS the chance to win a monthly prize
Not yet a Meridian customer?
- This offer is open from 6 July 2017 until further notice
- If you are eligible (see below) and join Meridian on a fixed rate pricing plan (in available networks) you will receive $250 credit on your first bill + 16% discount.
- To access this offer as a new customer, simply complete the online join form to sign up to a two year fixed rate plan, otherwise call the Energy Centre on 0800 496 496 to sign up to our three year fixed rate plan.
Already a Meridian customer?
- If you are eligible (see below) and already a Meridian customer on a fixed rate plan, or you move to a fixed rate plan, you will receive a discount of 16%.
- To access this offer as an existing Meridian customer, simply call our Energy Centre on 0800 496 496 and advise the sales agent that you are a Meridian employee.
To be eligible for this offer you must:
- be a current full time or part-time employee of Meridian Energy Limited or be on a fixed term contract of 12 months or more;
- be a residential consumer as listed on the national electricity registry;
- be the electricity account holder for the premises; and
- meet Meridian’s standard customer eligibility criteria (for example: credit criteria, refer to Meridian's Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity for more information).
- If you have more than one property, you must be the account holder on each additional property to be eligible for the staff offer.
What if I leave Meridian?
- If you cease employment with Meridian, Meridian may, at its discretion, change your discount from 16% to our standard discount offering at the time the change is made.
- If, during the fixed term of your fixed rate plan, you switch to another electricity retailer, cease to be a customer of Meridian or cease to meet the eligibility criteria for this offer (not including changing your employment status) we may, at our discretion, charge up to $250 to your final bill to recover the cost of the credit you were given when you joined under this offer.
- Bill credit cannot be exchanged for cash or transferred.
- On becoming a customer, you will be subject to Meridian's Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity and our Standard Terms and Conditions for Fixed Rate Plans
- Meridian reserves the right vary or cancel this offer at any time without notice to you.
- This offer is not available in conjunction with any other Meridian offer or discount (e.g. Naked Rates).
- This offer is non-transferable and is not available for family and friends.
- The prize draw is open to all Meridian staff who are Meridian customers under the Meridian staff offer.
- Eligible entrants will receive one entry into the prize draw only.
- There will be one monthly prize draw. Winners will be drawn at the end of the first week following the previous month. The winner will receive a prize pack up to the value of $100. Each month the prize pack will differ. Each month’s prize pack can be found at meridian.co.nz/meridianstaff
- Meridian will attempt to contact the winners by telephone, email and/or letter. If contact is not made within 21 days of the prize draw, he/she will be deemed to have forfeited their prize and a redraw will take place.
- Prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Meridian reserves the right to use the prize winners’ names and photographs for publicity purposes.
- Meridian, its employees and agents will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Meridian reserves the right to extend, cancel or amend the offer at any time without notice to you. Meridian may also vary this offer at any time by posting revised terms and conditions on our website.
- When collecting personal information Meridian complies with the Privacy Act 1993.