Terms and conditions
1. Any person who submits a video will automatically receive one entry into the prize draw.
2. Only one entry per person is permitted.
3. In order to be eligible for this competition, you must meet the following criteria
a) You must be at least 18 years of age; and
b) You must submit a short entry video (1 minute or less) of yourself playing a saxophone (either a cover or original song); and
c) You must be willing and able to participate in interviews with media from 14th February; and
d) You must be willing to travel to Auckland to produce and record the song and appear in an accompanying video from 4th Feb 2019.
4. Entry videos may be submitted by sharing a YouTube or Vimeo link on the Meridian website via meridian.co.nz/saxy
5. By submitting your entry video, you permit Meridian to share your video via their preferred channels throughout the course of the competition. This may include, but is not limited to; social media, radio, website.
6. There will be one winner and one prize.
7. The prize is:
1 x trip to Auckland for a professional studio session to record an original song and film an accompanying video. Travel (return from an NZ airport to Auckland) and accommodation is included and will be at Meridian’s discretion.
1 x trip to Auckland for a press tour and interviews. Travel (return from an NZ airport to Auckland) and accommodation is included and will be at Meridian’s discretion.
1 x $1000 Rockshop voucher
8. The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
9. The song produced remains the rights of Meridian and will be made available to the public for free.
10. Entries close 31st January 2019 and the winner will be selected by 1st February 2019. The winner will be contacted via telephone within 24 hours of the close date of the competition. If no response is received from the winner within 24 hours of contact, Meridian reserves the right to re-draw the competition.
11. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into except with the prize winner.
12. Meridian reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes listed above with a prize of equal value and/or specification.
13. Meridian reserves the right to use the prize winners’ name(s) and/or photographs and/or song for marketing or publicity purposes and by accepting the prize, the winners agree to this condition.
14. Employees and contractors of Meridian Energy and their immediate families, and employees of Meridian Energy’s agencies are not eligible to enter.
15. Meridian reserves the right to amend the terms of, or cancel, this competition at any time.
16. Meridian, its employees and/or its agents will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which may be suffered as a result of winning this competition, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
17. When collecting personal information Meridian complies with the Privacy Act 1993.