Terms and conditions
Year’s Free Electric Vehicle charging credit
New customers who join Meridian and existing customers who can verify that they own an electric car are eligible for a ‘year’s free electric vehicle charging’ bill credit worth up to $300.
The year’s free charging has been calculated to be the equivalent of $300. This figure is based on a 2015 Nissan leaf charging overnight with an average travel of 11,500KMs on Meridian’s electric car standard plan.
- This offer is only available to customers on the Electric Car Plan:
- new customers joining Meridian on the Electric Car Plan
- existing customers who are already on the Electric Car Plan, or who switch to it from another Meridian Plan.
- If you are an existing Meridian customer and have received a welcome credit or other incentive from us in the past 12 months, you will receive the balance of the offer so that your total incentive in the past 12 months does not exceed $300 in total (the value of the free year’s charging credit).
- In order to be eligible for this offer, you must meet the following criteria:
- you must be a residential consumer as listed on the national electricity registry; and
- you must meet Meridian’s standard customer eligibility criteria (for example: credit criteria, refer to Meridian’s Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity for more information)
- you must prove to Meridian that you own an electric vehicle by providing us with proof of ownership and registration of the vehicle
- you must be on the Electric Car Plan
- you must not have received more than $300 worth of welcome incentive from Meridian within the 12 months prior to requesting this offer.
- Only one bill credit can be redeemed per registered electric vehicle.
- The offer is not transferrable, refundable or redeemable for cash.
- On becoming a customer, you’ll be subject to Meridian’s Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity.
- Applications for credit will be reviewed and awarded at Meridian’s discretion.
- If you choose our fixed rate plans we will charge your final bill with an amount equal to the value of this welcome credit if you cease to be a Meridian customer before the expiry date of your fixed rate plan. If you close any of your individual sites or switch any to another electricity retailer within this period, we will charge your next bill with an amount equal to the value of the welcome credit you received for that particular site.
- Meridian reserves the right cancel this offer at any time without notice to you. Meridian may also vary this offer at any time by posting revised terms and conditions on our website.
- When collecting personal information Meridian complies with the Privacy Act 2020. Our privacy terms are contained in Meridian’s Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity. If you have any privacy query you can contact us.
Electric Car Plan (ECP) Terms and Conditions
The Electric Car Plan offers the following:
- Special Night rates between 9.00pm and 7.00am
- Day rates between 7.00am and 9.00pm.
The Electric Car Plan will be fixed for a term of 3 years and is only available for a single ICP
In order to be eligible for this Electric Car Plan, you must meet the following criteria:
- you must be a residential customer as listed on the national electricity register;
- you must meet Meridian’s standard customer eligibility criteria (e.g. credit criteria - refer to Meridian’s Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity for more information);
- you must be the owner of a plug-in electric car (“EV”);
- you must provide Meridian with the registration number for your EV;
- the ICP to which this plan relates must be where you primarily charge your EV;
- the ICP to which this plan applies must be located in one of the following electricity networks:
- Vector and Vector Northern
- Wellington Electricity
- Aurora Energy
On becoming a customer Meridian’s Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity and Fixed Rate Plan (FRP) T&Cs will apply.
The Plan is available in conjunction with the Year’s Free Electric Vehicle charging credit. No other gifts, welcome credits, offers, buying group discounts or pricing plans will apply.
By accepting this Plan you accept that you may be required to verify to Meridian from time to time during the term of the plan that you own an EV and that you primarily charge your EV at the ICP registered on the Plan. To confirm that you own an EV you will be required to provide your registration number and Meridian will, using that registration number, be entitled to rely on third party websites to verify that you own that EV. You may also be required to provide other forms of verification if requested by Meridian.
If you no longer own an EV or it is no longer primarily charged at the ICP registered on the Plan, then you are no longer eligible for this Plan, and you will be moved to a standard residential plan (at Meridian’s discretion). It’s your responsibility to let us know of this change in circumstance as soon as possible.
Meridian may vary this Plan at any time by posting revised terms and conditions on our website.
When collecting personal information Meridian complies with the Privacy Act 1993. Our privacy terms are contained in Meridian’s Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity. If you have any privacy query you can contact us.