Solar might be worth considering if you:
- Run a light industry or small business that uses power during the day.
- Are at home to use power during the day.
- Can set appliances to run during the day, like the washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, breadmaker, and slow cooker.
Generation from solar varies depending on the time of day and year. Solar panels generate most between 8am and 4pm daily, and more in summer compared with winter. Most people’s energy use peaks outside that time – 7am to 8am, then 5pm to 10pm.
If you generate more energy than you use, you can export the excess.
- We’ll buy your excess energy at rates that take into account average prices on the New Zealand Electricity Market
- Our buyback rates are subject to change with 30 days’ notice, just like our electricity rates.
- Meridian provides buyer-created tax invoices – a real time-saving benefit for GST-registered customers.