Solar power is a good option for business
Many commercial businesses globally are choosing to source a portion or all of their electricity through solar. Saving money on operating expenses through reduced energy and demand charges is one of the key reasons to install solar. It also reduces your exposure to electricity price volatility and inflation.
Installing solar isn’t just a financial decision it’s an environmental, community and marketing decision, too. The benefits of your business “walking the talk” on renewable energy can be significant and solar is a very tangible and measureable commitment to the environment.
The benefits and payback of solar may be justified purely on financial terms for many businesses, whilst for others it will be a combination of financial, environmental and marketing benefits. An increasing number of New Zealand businesses already have or are planning to install a commercial solar system.
Is solar right for your business?
Deciding to go solar is a big commitment for any business owner. There are many factors that need to be taken into consideration before the final decision is made.
What is your main motivation for considering a solar system?
- Lower long-term energy costs?
- Support your corporate sustainability objectives?
- Enhance your corporate/brand image?
- Enhance staff and community engagement?
- Demonstrate vision and leadership within your industry?
- Increase tenant satisfaction (for property owners) and property values?
We can help you get a better understanding of how solar may benefit your organisation by evaluating the benefits of solar and can work with you on developing a business case by undertaking a detailed solar energy assessment.
Once we understand your business goals the next step is to carry out a solar assessment. The assessment will identify the most cost effective solar option to meet your specific needs.
Our commercial solar installer
We have access to competitive market pricing through our award-winning solar contractor Reid Technology which is one of New Zealand’s leading solar power and renewable energy companies. Reid Technology has been in the solar market since 1995 and has undertaken many commercial installations in New Zealand and the Pacific Islands.
The quality of their installations has been recognised by winning Sustainable Energy Association of New Zealand (SEANZ) awards for the past ten years in a row, including three awards in 2015.
REID TECHNOLOGY'S RECENT AWARDS
- 2017 Sustainable Electricity Association of New Zealand (SEANZ) - Best Off Grid System: Port Vila, Vanuatu
- 2016 Best Solar/Battery Implementation On Grid: Tonga Police Development
- 2015 Best Solar Implementation MFAT – Apia Racecourse
- 2015 Most Innovative Fulton Hogan Lab
- 2014 Best Solar System MFAT – Gym 3 Apia
Solar solutions for businesses of any size