The Zero electric vehicle charging network
At Meridian we’re passionate about the planet and want to make sure it’s around for generations to come. That’s one reason we reckon the future is electric.
It’s no secret we’re excited about electric vehicles. Our passenger fleet is 100% fully electric and we are well on the way to converting our other vehicles. We currently provide charging solutions for homes and businesses, too. Our next step is bigger and better – creating a network of chargers across Aotearoa New Zealand. This network is called Zero, giving a nod to the types of cars they’re designed for – cars with zero tailpipe emissions.
What is the Zero EV charger network?
Once completed, the Zero charging network will be one of the biggest destination charging networks in Aotearoa New Zealand.
We're excited to have partnered with the Wellington City Council and Hutt City Council to expand our network. Together, we’ll be installing charging stations at locations throughout Wellington and Hutt cities. The plan is for around 100 chargers to be installed across the greater Wellington region over the next three years. In addition to that, we'll be installing over 200 chargers around the country. Check out the Zero website for more information.
These will be mostly AC Chargers found in a variety of locations where people go to spend a decent amount of time, such as shopping malls and parks. We’ll also be adding in DC Chargers too for those that need a quick top up on the go.
What's the difference between an AC charger and a DC charger?
- A good choice if you’re staying at places for a longer time, like malls, parks and cinemas.
- Requires you to use your own cable.
- Faster charging, often referred to as fast or rapid charging.
- A good choice if you’re in a hurry and need a “top up” to get to your next destination.
- A cable is provided for charging.
The Zero app
In order to charge with Zero, you’ll need our app download here.
The Zero app has been specifically designed to make charging with Zero nice and easy. Once you’ve downloaded and set yourself up, you’ll be able to use the app to:
- Start charging your EV
- Find chargers near you using our interactive map
- Save the chargers you use frequently as favourites
- Track your stats, charging habits and see your use history
- Make payments for the electricity you use to charge your EV
You’ll be able to add the Zero charging app to your smartphone.
To find out more information on our Zero chargers and to download the app go to the Zero website below.
Want more info on how you can charge your EV?
You can find an available charger near you on the Zero Website.