Solar for NZ business
Commercial solar solutions for your business
At Meridian, we’re passionate about solar power. It’s completely clean, and we can enjoy that renewable energy for as long as the sun comes up (which should happen for the next few billion years at least). We’re here to help you find out if solar is right for your business and premises. If it is, let’s start making watts while the sun shines.
Solar Power Purchase Agreement
For businesses that want no upfront capital costs.
With a Meridian Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) gets you solar through monthly payments. We’ll design, install and maintain a solar system for you. Your business won’t need to put any upfront capital cost towards the solar system. Instead, we’ll sell the power generated back to you at an agreed c/kWh rate for the lifetime of the PPA.
After that, you'll be the proud new owner of your solar array. A solar PPA is invoiced monthly like your regular power bill, so it doesn’t tie up capital you could use for your core business activities.
Solar Buy Now
For businesses that want to manage their own solar system.
With a Solar Buy Now package, we'll do the hard work up front. After that, you'll own and operate your solar system.
We can get you underway with a detailed solar assessment to give you the information you need to decide if solar is right for you. If it is, we’ll help size a solar system to meet your business needs, building infrastructure and energy load.
You’ll get access to a competitive, all-inclusive quote you can rely on.
Want to find out more?
To find out more about commercial solar and what we offer, please fill in the form below and we’ll email you an info pack.
Why go solar?
- Clean up your carbon footprint. By powering your business in part with sun, you’ll reduce your greenhouse gas emissions. Solar can help support your business’ sustainability objectives.
- Know your spend. Solar installations provide long term budget certainty with less exposure to fluctuating electricity prices and can lower operating expenses through reduced energy and network charges.
- Lead the way to a renewable energy future. Join the movement towards the country’s ambitious renewable energy targets.
- Walk the talk. Commercial solar is a tangible and measurable commitment to the environment. It’s out there for your customers and the market to see – giving a sunny boost to your reputation.
- Renewable energy is our bread and butter. We’ve got a fair bit of experience under our belt - so we’re in a prime place to help you generate your own for years to come.
- We’re a safe pair of hands, here to help make sure solar works for your business. We’ve got the expertise to manage the entire process for you, to ensure your system is bespoke, high quality and fit for purpose.
- Our track record speaks for itself. From helping the Kingdom of Tonga generate from solar in 2012 to installing some of New Zealand’s largest solar arrays more recently, we’re a proven provider.
- One size doesn’t fit all. We’ve got solar solutions to meet different needs, so we can find the right fit for your business and balance sheet.
What our customers have to say
Kiwi Property – Northlands Mall (Christchurch)
Solar Power Purchase Agreement - 185kWp
“This programme is important to Kiwi Property and our commitment to the environment, as it builds on our existing on-site solar installation, at grid-competitive prices. It will also lower our carbon footprint and contribute directly to the growth of renewables in New Zealand”
- Linda Trainer, General Manager - Asset Management, Kiwi Property
Lincoln University – Te Kete Ika (Christchurch)
Solar Power Purchase Agreement – 102kWp
“Meridian’s flexible commercial solar terms have helped Lincoln University move ahead with our first solar project on our Te Kete Ika building. It’s part of our wider sustainability goals and the start of a larger rollout of onsite renewable energy.”
- Phil O’Callaghan, Chief Operating Officer, Lincoln University
Auckland Museum (Auckland)
Solar Buy Now
“Meridian are proactive in bringing new ideas and technologies to us. We’ve enjoyed their technical advice over the years which has certainly helped us regarding the solar panels in particular.
- Les Fleming, Director Corporate Services and Chief Financial Officer, Auckland Museum