Consumer Care Policy
We know that electricity is essential for all our customers, it’s important to your health and wellbeing, and for keeping you connected with your friends and family.
Our Consumer Care Policy applies to our residential customers and is our promise to do our best to keep you safe and help you manage your energy costs. It also includes other commitments to you, like:
- communicating with mutual respect and care during all interactions
- working with you collaboratively and constructively to solve problems
- working to understand your situation so that we can help meet your needs
- communicating with you in a timely and clear way
- making sure you have every opportunity to choose the best plan to meet your needs
- working with you to resolve payment difficulties as early as possible and, with your permission, linking you to one or more support agencies or social agencies to assist you; and
- working with you to try to keep your electricity connected if you’re having trouble paying your bills.
If you have any questions or concerns about the policy, please get in touch with our Customer Care team.
Some helpful links for you:
- Electricity Authority Consumer Care guidelines
- Contact details for Utilities Disputes
Phone: 0800 22 33 40
Fax: 0800 22 33 47
Post: PO Box 5875, Wellington 6140 Freepost 192682
- Social agency assistance:
You may be able to get extra assistance from Work and Income or another social agency. You can contact Work and Income on 0800 559 009, or you can visit online at www.workandincome.govt.nz
- Budgeting advice:
You may also want to get some budgeting advice if you're struggling to pay your bill. This friendly, helpful service is available for free from Money Talks. You can contact the free financial helpline on 0800 345 123 or text on 4209, or visit online at www.moneytalks.co.nz
- Power saving advice:
Check out our power saving tips to help you save energy at home.