Terms and conditions
Friend Get Friend Programme Terms and Conditions - August 2018
- The Meridian Friend Get Friend offer is open to existing Meridian customers who refer their friends using the Friend Get Friend form on the Meridian website – meridian.co.nz/FGF.
- There is no limit to the number of referrals an existing Meridian customer can submit, however each referral must be submitted using a separate form.
- Meridian will contact the referred person by telephone and/or email. Once contact is made a conversation will be had and an offer made to join Meridian. If that offer is accepted and they meet and comply with Meridians standard business criteria, including a credit check they will be accepted and the switch (changing from their current provider to Meridian) will take place, this can take up to 10 working days. Once the switch is complete, the existing customer who has referred their friend will be awarded their Meridian account credit.
- For each successful referral, referrers will be awarded a $50 Meridian account credit for residential customers and a $100 account credit for business customers.
- A referral will be deemed successful when:
- A friend referred by you has signed up as a Meridian Customer within 30 days of the date of referral;
- the friend is a new customer to Meridian and has not received a credit for signing up to Meridian Energy within the last 12 months
- the friend meets Meridian’s customer requirements and has agreed to Meridian’s Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity.
- Employees of Meridian are not eligible to be referred to Meridian through this promotion, but may refer their friends and family to Meridian.
- Meridian may, at its sole discretion, either decline to apply any Referrer/Friend Credit, or remove any Referrer/Friend Credit granted, where it reasonably believes that the Referrer and/or the Friend are taking unfair advantage of this offer. Examples include, but are not limited to, the same house being successively signed up to numerous occupants within a 24-month period in order to claim the credit; or where it is apparent to Meridian that the referral is not genuine. Meridian may require proof of identification or a tenancy agreement in order to verify eligibility of this offer.
- Referral credits are not transferable and will only be granted to the existing Meridian customer once the referred person is a customer of Meridian and met the criteria in 5.
- All referral information provided becomes the property of Meridian any incomplete, indecipherable or illegible referrals will be deemed invalid. We may need to contact the referrer to query or clarify some of the information.
- If Meridian, in its sole opinion, considers you are not complying with these terms and conditions we may exclude you from being able to use this promotion in the future.
- Meridian reserves the right to extend, cancel or amend the offer at any time. Meridian is not responsible for any third-party acts or omissions.
- When collecting personal information Meridian complies with the Privacy Act 1993. Our privacy terms are contained in Meridian’s Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity. If you have any privacy query you can contact us