Meridian Energy Limited's monthly operating report for the month of April 2021 can be found here.
Highlights this month include:
- In the month to 14 May 2021, national hydro storage increased from 59% to 67% of historical average.
- South Island storage increased to 71% of average and North Island storage decreased to 35% of average by 14 May 2021.
- Meridian’s April 2021 monthly total inflows were 87% of historical average.
- Meridian’s Waitaki catchment water storage at the end of April 2021 was 54% of historical average.
- Water storage in Meridian’s Waiau catchment was below average at the end of April 2021.
- National electricity demand in April 2021 was 15.4% higher than the same month last year.
- April 2021 was warmer and drier than normal for much of the country. Soil moisture levels are in severe deficit in eastern parts of both islands.
- Meridian made calls under the Genesis swaption in April and May 2021.
- Outages have been confirmed out to December 2021 on the Roxburgh-Livingstone line as part of the Clutha Upper Waitaki Lines Project.
- New Zealand Aluminium Smelter’s average load during April 2021 was 567MW.
- Meridian’s New Zealand retail sales volumes in April 2021 were 36.9% higher than April 2020, when the country was in Alert Level 4 lockdown.
- Compared to April 2020, segment sales increased in: SMB +91.7%, agricultural +63.5%, large business +12.8% and corporate +39.9%. Sales were 2.3% lower in residential.
Meridian Energy Limited
|For investor relations queries, please contact:
Investor Relations Manager
021 246 4772
|For media queries, please contact:
Meridian Energy Media Team
0800 948 843