Latest news - Power Up
Latest round of successful applicants
Te Uku - Waitetuna School - Water tank for vegetable garden and orchard and COVID-19 Crisis response, Raglan Surf Life Saving Club - Rescue boat outboard motor replacement, Raglan Surf Life Saving Amenities Trust - Surf Club Security Works, Raglan Foodbank Supplies – COVID-19 Crisis response, Raglan Naturally – COVID 19 Community Response, Plunket Raglan - Heating Project, Raglan Area School – COVID-19 Crisis response, Te Uku School – COVID-19 Crisis response, Te Mata School – COVID-19 Crisis response.
Te Āpiti - Woodville Railway Trust - Railway station rewiring and security system, Woodville Art and History Inc - Creation of Woodville Art and History Centre, Ashurst Pest Trapping Library - Funding to support this programme to improve environment; One off COVID relief support - Ashurst School, Woodville School, Awahau School, Hiwinui School, Kumeroa-Hopelands School, Papatawa School, Ballance School.
West Wind - Makaracarpas - Riparian planting along Makara and Ohariu streams, Makara Community Centre - Makara Hall Floor resurfacing, Ohariu Valley Riding Club - Jumping pole and equipment trailer, Karori Anglican Churches - new sign for building of historical significance.
Mill Creek - Onslow Pony Club – Farrier Tools and portable PA system, Ohariu Valley Ladies Guild - Coffee machine for fundraising, Makaracarpas and Wellington Bird Rehabilitation Trust – Ohariu 2021 riparian planting programme.
Waitaki - Duntroon Hall - heat pump control, Kurow Museum - heat pump, Otematata Sports Community Club - physio equipment, Aoraki Mount Cook Village - medical resources funding, Kurow Golf Club - electric cart, Waitaki Valley Community Society - reroofing.
Manapōuri - Te Anau Fire Brigade - helmet torches, St John Te Anau - emergency equipment, Waiau Health Trust - COVID-19 Crisis response support, Tuatapere and Districts Promotions Inc - Community Events Signboard, RJ's Comm Event Centre Trust & Fiordland Endurance & Adventure Racing Society - recreational climbing facility, Southern Reap - Driver Licensing.
Power Up FAQs
When can you apply?
We hold one or two funding rounds each year to decide which projects we’ll support. We'll review your application during our funding rounds, following which we'll contact applicants to let them know the outcome.
How is funding allocated?
We review funding requests against the fund's objectives and a set of selection criteria to help us decide if the project supports sustainable community development. It's important to Meridian that community members help decide which projects we fund. Our funding panels are made up of a mix of Meridian staff and nominated community representatives.
Is my project eligible?
You can apply for funding if your project meets at least one of the Power Up Community Fund objectives. Your project must:
- promote environmental awareness and programmes that sustain and improve the quality of the environment in the community
- contribute to the sustainability of non-profit organisations or volunteer services
- promote life-long learning opportunities for all
- foster the development of opportunities for sporting, social and recreational activities
- contribute to programmes that will enhance the attractiveness of the appearance of the community
What are the selection criteria?
Your proposal must clearly outline what the outcomes and benefits of your project will be, and how your project will:
- contribute directly to the community
- generate benefits that do not currently exist
- contribute long-term solutions to issues
- foster the development of skills and capacity
- demonstrate the ability to make effective use of the funds
- have performance measures that focus on outcomes
- provide promotional opportunities
- use the fund to attract additional funding for the project
- demonstrate a sustainable future for the project beyond the support of the fund
How do I communicate all the cool things my project is doing?
Check out our Community e-toolkit, this basic guide will help you create and improve your project communications.