We welcome engagement with our social media profiles. This helps us support and listen to our customers and wider community, tell our story and the stories of our partners and customers, and we like to keep things interesting with frequent competitions, pics and videos.
These Community Guidelines apply to all those who post to, comment on, share, mention or otherwise interact with Meridian or Meridian content on social media, to ensure that everyone in the community is respected and safe.
We operate the following social media profiles:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/meridianenergy
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/meridianenergy
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/20285
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/meridianenergy
Our social media pages are in the public domain, so to protect your security and privacy don’t post your personal information or customer number on our Facebook page in written or image form. Feel free to private message us with your query.
Our team will respond to your questions within business hours: 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. If you have a fault or emergency, please call our residential team on 0800 496 496 or our business team on 0800 496 777.
We adhere to the guidelines of the social media channels we use, and ask that you do the same. We may moderate or remove comments, posts, images, links or other contributions that are, or could reasonably be seen as:
- Inappropriate content: posts that are harmful, threatening, abusive, offensive, untrue, misleading, confidential, defamatory, derogatory, spam or disrespectful to someone else, including Meridian staff. This applies to words, images and video. We also run an automatic profanity filter, which prevents posts with profanities from being published to the community.
- Too much information: posts that are a breach of your or someone else’s confidentiality, security or privacy, including that of the Meridian Group or our staff.
- Images that don’t belong to you: infringement on any party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, intellectual property, or other proprietary rights, or right of publicity, confidentiality or privacy is strictly prohibited and is your sole responsibility.
- Repeated statements, attempts to flood the page, or otherwise disrupt other visitors’ access to our customer support.
- Off-topic or unrelated to the conduct of our business or our customers’ queries, or outside the scope of the social media profile (as outlined above).
- Soliciting for your business or cause.
- Links or material that may be harmful cause security breaches.
- Information that is subject to legal or regulatory proceedings.
- Otherwise not in the spirit of these guidelines, or causing undue concern or discomfort to our visitors.
If you are concerned by any posts or behaviour you see on social media by us, or feel you have been blocked unfairly, please contact us at email@example.com.
We are not responsible for the personal, political, organisational or religious beliefs of our friends, fans or followers across all social media channels.
Visitors and contributors should also be aware of and observe each social media channel’s own guidelines for community behaviour.
By submitting, posting or displaying your content on any of our social media channels, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use that content.
All images and media we publish on our social media pages are used with permission. Any promotions run on our Facebook Page are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. During a promotion, any information that you provide is provided to Meridian, and not to Facebook. The same also applies to any promotions run on any of our other social media profiles.
Information provided by us on our social media profiles is provided in accordance with applicable New Zealand law. The information on the social media profiles may not satisfy the laws of any other country besides New Zealand. Unless otherwise stated expressly, products and services referred to on our social media pages are only available in New Zealand.
Meridian Energy is not responsible for and does not endorse or guarantee products or services that are offered or content or viewpoints that are expressed in posts by others on our profiles.
Neither Meridian Energy, nor its directors, employees, agents or representatives accept any liability for loss or damage suffered by any person or body that may directly or indirectly arise out of or in connection with information provided via our social media profiles or linked sites. The information on our social media profiles is provided on the basis that persons accessing the web site undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its content.
These Social Media Community Guidelines may be updated at any time without notice.