LevelPay terms and conditions
LevelPay terms and conditions
For all customers who pay via LevelPay. Effective until 19 May 2021 for customers who join LevelPay on or before 21 February 2021.
- The terms and conditions of the LevelPay Plan are additional to, and should be read in conjunction with, our Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Electricity
- In the event of inconsistency between the LevelPay Terms and Conditions and our Standard Terms and Conditions, the Standard Terms and Conditions will prevail.
In order to be eligible for LevelPay you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a residential customer and the premises you set up on LevelPay must be a residential property.
- You must not have an overdue balance on your account.
- You may be required to have had up to three consecutive meter readings before we can estimate the LevelPay payment.
- Your meter readings need to be at least 28 days apart, one of which can be your own meter read and two of which must be actual reads.
- LevelPay payments can be paid by direct debit from your nominated bank account. You may be able to pay by credit/debit card if you have access to the Meridian app*. Please refer to our Direct Debit Terms and Conditions or Credit Card – recurring payment Terms and Conditions, which apply to your LevelPay payments.
- We set your LevelPay payment amount based on the information we have about your electricity usage. If circumstances arise where your usual electricity usage is likely to change, your LevelPay amount may need to be recalculated. If this is the case, please let us know.
- Each month you will receive your normal electricity bill. You are liable for all electricity charges billed to your account irrespective of whether your LevelPay payment covers the amount billed.
- You can choose to make LevelPay payments weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- On the agreed payment date, we will deduct the agreed amount from your nominated bank account by direct debit or credit/debit card.
- You need to ensure that you have sufficient funds in your nominated bank account or debit/credit card to meet the LevelPay payments. If a payment is dishonoured you will need to make up the payment within 14 days of the due date or you may be removed from LevelPay and transferred to our standard monthly billing and payment cycle. You will be liable to pay any amounts owing.
- If your payment is dishonoured three consecutive times (even if you have made up the outstanding payment within 14 days of the due date) you may be removed from LevelPay and transferred to our standard monthly billing and payment cycle. You will be liable to pay any amounts owing.
- If you are on LevelPay and receive a network rebate, this may be refunded to you upon request, in accordance with our Standard Terms and Conditions.
- You are not permitted to cancel, skip or make additional payments.
Review of LevelPay payments
- We will review your LevelPay payment regularly to check whether the payment amount suitably covers your electricity usage, or whether it needs to increase or decrease.
- We reserve the right to change your payment amount. If a change needs to be made following a review, we will contact you to let you know at least 10 business days before the new payment amount is due to be deducted from your nominated bank account or credit/debit card.
- You are not entitled to decrease your LevelPay payment unless a review is carried out and we agree to the reduction or if one is recommended on the Meridian app*.
- If you adjust your payment via the Meridian app*, you agree to the new payment amount you’ve selected.
- If you move house, you can transfer your LevelPay arrangement to the new house, provided it is your primary residence. You just need to let us know that you’d like to continue on LevelPay.
- Since your LevelPay payment amount will be based on the usage at your previous house you need to be aware that this could mean it’s not quite right for your new house, and may need to be adjusted. We'll check this during our regular reviews and let you know if we need to change your payment amount.
Cancellation of LevelPay
- If you no longer wish to be on LevelPay please contact us to request removal. You can cancel your LevelPay arrangement up to three business days before the next scheduled payment is due to be paid from your bank account or credit/debit card. Otherwise, cancellation will be effective immediately after the next payment date.
- If you cancel your LevelPay arrangement and have money owing on your account, you must pay this by the due date set out in your most recent invoice.
- If you cancel your LevelPay arrangement and you have a credit amount on your account, this will go towards future power bills.If we remove you from LevelPay due to dishonoured payments, you may have a three month stand down period before you are eligible for LevelPay again.
*Not all customers have access to the Meridian app – we’re working on making this available for everyone. If you’re not sure, please give us a call on 0800 496 496.